Hiring managers also want to know you’ve done your homework on them.
That’s why it’s always a smart idea to prepare a few questions of your own.
You don’t need to ask each one, and some may already be answered during your interview process, but you should show employers you’re making sure this will be a good fit for both of you.
So a few solid questions to ask include:
- What’s the office environment like? Is there an open floor plan?
- What does a typical day in this role look like?
- What defines success in this position?
- Can you tell me why this role is available? Are you expanding or did someone leave?
- Where do you see this company in the next 5-10 years?
- What are the biggest challenges and opportunities within this company?
Use these questions as your starting point and then feel free to come up with a few questions of your own.