Graphs are the third part of the process of data analysis. The first part is about data extraction, the second part deals with cleaning and manipulating the data. At last, the data scientist may need to communicate his results graphically.
The job of the data scientist can be reviewed in the following picture
- The first task of a data scientist is to define a research question. This research question depends on the objectives and goals of the project.
- After that, one of the most prominent tasks is the feature engineering. The data scientist needs to collect, manipulate and clean the data
- When this step is completed, he can start to explore the dataset. Sometimes, it is necessary to refine and change the original hypothesis due to a new discovery.
- When the explanatory analysis is achieved, the data scientist has to consider the capacity of the reader to understand the underlying concepts and models.
- His results should be presented in a format that all stakeholders can understand. One of the best methods to communicate the results is through a graph.
- Graphs are an incredible tool to simplify complex analysis.