Control Flow is an activity that affects the path of execution of the Data Factory pipeline. For example, an activity that creates a loop if conditions are met.
Data Flow Transformations are used when we need to transform the input data, for example, Join or Conditional Split.
Some differences between Control Flow activities and Data Flow Transformations are:
- Control Flow Activity Data Flow Transformation
- It affects the execution sequence or path of the pipeline
- Transforms the ingested data
- Can be recursive
- No source/sink
- Source and sink are required
- Implemented at the pipeline level
- Implemented at the activity level