Explain bug life cycle.
Bug Life Cycle:
- When a tester finds a bug .The bug is assigned with NEW or OPEN status,
- The bug is assigned to development project manager who will analyze the bug .He will check whether it is a valid defect. If not valid bug is rejected then status is REJECTED.
- If not, next the defect is checked whether it is in scope. When bug is not part of the current release .Such defects are POSTPONED
- Now, Tester checks whether a similar defect was raised earlier. If yes defect is assigned a status DUPLICATE
- When bug is assigned to developer. During this stage bug is assigned a status IN-PROGRESS
- Once code is fixed. Defect is assigned a status FIXED
- Next the tester will re-test the code. In case the test case passes the defect is CLOSED