A daily stand-up meeting is a day-to-day meeting among all the members of the agile team. Its main purpose is to know the current progress and performance of every team member that works on Scrum tasks. The meetings take place mostly in the morning and usually involves product owners, developers, and the scrum master.
These meetings usually take place for the following reasons:
- To know what was done yesterday and what is the plan for today.
- To provide a better understanding of goals.
- To make sure that every team member is working toward the same goal.
- To bring problems of team members into focus so that problems can be addressed quickly.
- To bring everyone up to date on the information and help the team to stay organized.