HTTP methods supported by REST are:
- GET: It requests a resource at the request URL. It should not contain a request body as it will be discarded. Maybe it can be cached locally or on the server.
- POST: It submits information to the service for processing; it should typically return the modified or new resource
- PUT: At the request URL it update the resource
- DELETE: At the request URL it removes the resource
- OPTIONS: It indicates which techniques are supported
- HEAD: About the request URL it returns meta information