What is the purpose of test strategy?
We need Test Strategy for the following reasons:
1. To have a signed, sealed, and delivered document, where the document contains details about the testing methodology, test plan, and test cases.
2. Test strategy document tells us how the software product will be tested.
3. Test strategy document helps to review the test plan with the project team members.
4. It describes the roles, responsibilities and the resources required for the test and schedule.
5. When we create a test strategy document, we have to put into writing any testing issues requiring resolution.
The test strategy is decided first, before lower level decisions are made on the test plan, test design, and other testing issues.