The process is as follows:
- Open the Jenkins dashboard and create a new item by clicking on ‘new item’ from the top left menu.
- Enter your project name and from the options shown, select ‘Multibranch pipeline’ and click on OK.
- Then you should select the repository location, branch source (GitHub/Bitbucket), and add the credentials of the branch source.
- Save the project.
- Jenkins automatically creates new Multibranch Pipelines for repositories that have branches and pulls requests containing Jenkins files.
- To connect to the GitHub repo, we need the HookURL. Get this URL from the repository settings.
- Add this HookURL to the Webhooks section.
- Once the jobs are created, build is automatically triggered by Jenkins.