Hive vs HBase
1. HBase is built on the top of HDFS 1. It is a data warehousing infrastructure
2. HBase operations run in a real-time on its database rather 2. Hive queries are executed as MapReduce jobs internally
3. Provides low latency to single rows from huge datasets 3. Provides high latency for huge datasets
4. Provides random access to data 4. Provides random access to data
2. What kind of applications is supported by Apache Hive?
Hive supports all those client applications that are written in:
by exposing its Thrift server.