What is data flow diagram?
The Data Flow Diagram gives us information of the flow of data within the application.
- The DFD can be used to analyze the design of the application.
- It is a graphical representation of the structure of the data.
- A developer draws context level DFD first showing interaction between the different components of the application.
- DFD help in developing the software by clarifying the requirements and major functionalities.
- DFDs show the flow of data through a system.
- It is an important modeling tool that allows us to picture a system as a network of functional processes.