Similarities between Scala’s Int and Java’s java.lang.Integer:
- Both are classes.
- Both are used to represent integer numbers.
- Both are 32-bit signed integers.
Differences between Scala’s Int and Java’s java.lang.Integer:
- Scala’s Int class does not implement Comparable interface.
- Java’s java.lang.Integer class implements Comparable interface.
- Java’s Integer is something similar to Scala’s Int and RichInt. RichInt is a final class defined in scala.runtime package like “scala.runtime.RichInt”. In Scala, the Relationship between Int and RichInt is that when we use Int in a Scala program, it will automatically convert into RichInt to utilize all methods available in that Class.