Important features of Memcached includes
• CAS Tokens: A CAS token is attached to any object retrieved from cache. You can use that token to save your updated object.
• Callbacks: It simplifies the code
• get delayed: It reduces the delay time of your script which is waiting for results to come back from the server
• Binary protocol: You can use binary protocol instead of ASCII with the newer client
• In binary: Previously, the client always used to do serialization of the value with complex data, but with Memcached, you can use the binary option.