A SOAP message is an ordinary XML document containing the following elements. Message can be either a request message or a response message.
After setting up the workspace which we had performed in the last tutorial, we have to create projects, test suites, test cases in order to test a given web service. Let us understand the steps involved in doing the same.
Create a Project
Step 1: Now, depending upon the project, we need to import SOAP/REST protocol. We will create a new SOAP Project.
Step 2: We will make use following SOAP request ****://www.dneonline.com/calculator.asmx?wsdl
- Enter the Project Name
- Enter the path of the WSDL request. In this case ****://www.dneonline.com/calculator.asmx?wsdl
- Click OK
- Create sample request for all operations? It creates a sample request for all the available operations in the given WSDL. As soon as you enter the WSDL address, this option is checked automatically. You may uncheck it.
- Create, a Test Suite for the imported WSDL: Creates a test suite within the project for the imported WSDL.
- Relative Paths: It enables the user to save all the files relative to the project file.
Step 3: Upon creating the SOAP project with the above-said WSDL, we will be able to see that there are two operations that will be imported into the project.
Expand the first request and right-click on the 'Add.' Then click on 'New Request'.
Then Click on 'OK'. It will display the SOAP request in the XML format
- Enter the 'intA' and 'intB'
- Click on the submit button
- Response XML will be displayed right side pane.